Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chippy Ol' Fireplace

A fireplace. Growing up my family had a fireplace and I remember in the winter my sister and I would snuggle with a bunch of blankets next to it while we watched TV. Lets fast-forward to now where I own my own house and I don’t have a fireplace. Though a fireplace was on my “must-have” list, it became a back seat need when we found our beautiful home. However, my longing to have a fireplace did not go away.
This must be the reason I became infatuated with the idea of having a faux fireplace in our house.  So the search began. I initially found an old white one in the West Bottoms on a Saturday afternoon. The hefty price tag deterred me from making the purchase, which in return haunted me until the following month when the West Bottoms opened up again. This time, making my hubba hubba tag along, I was sure to get that darn white fireplace.
Of course, my plan did not go as I expected.  We get to the store that the fireplace is supposed to be at, has to be at, I look high and low on the 3 floors and even ask someone if they still have it. No. it’s gone. This makes me pout the rest of our shopping trip. I can’t leave empty handed. I came with the intention of getting that fireplace.
As we leave with my lip sticking out, I decide to stop into one last store. We walk in and there it is. My fireplace. It’s not the one I intended on getting. It’s better. Like a million times better. Unfortunately, the price is higher, too. The owner of the fireplace sees us eyeing and comes over to give some additional information on the piece. Then she says those magical words, “if you have cash I can give you a better offer.” YES! I was ecstatic to be getting a fireplace, better than the one I originally wanted and it was even at a lower price, too!

I am now the proud owner of my very own fireplace.


Rather Be Junkin'<3
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment