Monday, January 30, 2012

Neighborhood Steal

     One morning after a nice workout, my grandparents were over and my grandmother, who can be a bit of a pack rack, told me she saw some furniture someone had set out down the street. Of course, she wanted to walk down and look at it so I agreed. To my surprise, there were actually a few pieces that could be turned into something beautiful!
     Of the pieces we found, I came across this old wooden kitchen chair. Of course, I drug it home and hid it so that my dad wouldn't tell me I was just bringing more junk home! So after hiding and sanding it, I decided I would paint it! Something bright and slightly distressed! And here it is! (Sorry I didn't take any before pictures!)


                                                                                 Front.
                                                                                 Side.
                                                                                  Side.
                                                                                  Back.
                                                                                  Distressed Seat.
                                                                                  Seat Back.
                                                                                  Seat Back.
                                                                         Dotti the Model.
                                                                         Dotti the Model.



TIPS if you want to recreate:
*Be sure to sand the chair before panting - the lacquer that is on the chair won't let the paint stick as well.
*Be sure to fix any defects of the chair before painting. Ex: if the legs are shaky or loose. 
*Be sure to do several coats of paint. This ensures that the wood is covered up.
*If the distressed look is what you're going for you'll need to sand spots down after you've painted them. I added a wood stain to give a depth of color. You don't have to do this. 


Of course there was another piece of lovely neighborhood steal that I found! I'm going to begin working on it soon and will be sure to share with all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment